1. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - This is a quick and easy peel perfect to brighten face and smooth complexion. It works similarly to an exfoliator without the irritating redness. The product is a clear thin liquidy product you smooth over skin, leave on 30 seconds and rub in with water in circulation motion for a minute then rinse off. The full size tube is $48 for 1.7 oz.
2. Number 4™ Super Comb Prep & Protect - Ever since I received the samples from No.4 last month, I'm a believer in their products. The shampoos make my hair more manageable than ever. I have very long hair that is wavy/curly. It's a nightmare to comb after the shower even after conditioning my hair. This spray prep made my hair so easy to comb through and more manageable to style. The products are pricey but worth it for the benefits they provide for your hair. The full size will cost you $32 for 200ml.
3. dr. brandt® pores no more® pore refiner primer - While I'm all for pore refiners, this one is a big no-no for the face. It includes Lavender Oil and which can damage your skin. I won't be using this product. If you want to read up on proper products for your body, check out Beautypedia. It's a fabulous resource for the TRUTH about what's in the products and if the product's claims for benefit hold any weight. If you are interested in the full size it costs $45 for 1 fl oz.
4. RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes - Who knew a nail polish remover could actually smell good AND remove polish?! This was a great find and I wish a few more samples were included in the July Birchbox. The box of wipes will cost you $12 for 10 wipes.
5. RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer in Rosary - Loved the tone and the metallic sheen of this polish! Was excited we were able to chose the color for our box, too. The color is a beautiful rosey golden and it's a wonderful tone for summer. I only needed one coat for perfect coverage. Was stoked to find out this was the full size polish that retails for $11 in the 0.17 fl oz size.
6. LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - I totally fell in love with this lip lube. The color seemed a bit too purple in the tube but when I applied it, the tone was a very lovely berry mauve. The color and silkiness are perfection. And the scent is super yummy. I will be buying this one for sure! Surprise bonus, this lip pencil is the total $18 Full size 0.07 oz product!!
7. Women's Health Magazine Subscription - This was a fab bonus for this month's box. Although my box definitely didn't have a Women's Health theme, I was pleased to receive a voucher for a yearly subscription to the magazine or an opt-out refund for $9.99.
Birchbox Cost: $9.65/month ($115.83/yearly)
July ' 14 Birchbox Contents / Approximate Value:
1. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel (.17 fl oz)- $4.80
2. Number 4™ Super Comb Prep & Protect (30 ml) - $4.80
3. dr. brandt® pores no more® pore refiner primer (0.25 fl oz) - $11.25
4. RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes (1 wipe) - $1.20
5. RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer - Rosary (Full Size 0.17 fl oz ) - $11
6. LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil (Full Size 0.07 oz) - $18
7. Women's Health Subscription - $9.99* (12 month subscription or $9.99 refund check)
July '14 Birchbox Approximate Value: $61.04
I must say that each month Birchbox is getting better and better! At first, I wasn't too impressed with the samples or sizes. The value wasn't in the box at all, I was seeing the value in earning the points to shop. But with the new addition of sample selection, it's ensuring you enjoy at least one of your monthly products. Let's hope this roll continues!
If you want to get your own Birchbox Subscription, tell them Vixie Rayna sent you! JOIN HERE!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin