Saturday, June 14, 2014

Birchbox June 2014 - Away We Go

 My June '14 Birchbox arrived a few days ago, and with all the recent arrivals I just didn't get a chance to try everything at once. In comparison to my May box, I'm very very happy with what was included this month. This is my 2nd month with Birchbox, and while the products are small the deal is great. You get an opportunity to try items you may not be inclined to try either due to price or just being unfamiliar with the product. Birchbox gives you the chance to be adventurous without breaking the bank!


This will be one of the easiest posts to do because each month I submit reviews on the included items so I rack up points! You earn 10 points for every product you review and 1 point for every $1 spent. These points can be used at the website to purchase other products!



1.  COOLA - Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face - I wasn't familiar with this brand or product. It's a BB cream and tinted sunscreen in one. It is a lightweight liquidy feel that absorbs super quickly and smooths to a silky matte finish. The coverage is minimal but enough to brighten your face and even skin tone for a natural look with great protection. It's unscented with broad spectrum SPF 30.  I'll be adding this to my wishlist. The full-size (1.7 oz) costs $36, and at that price I'm not sure I'm ready to jump yet, but still it's a great summer find!

2. Gilchrist & Soames - London Collection Body Lotion - The packaging on the sample was very lovely, and it will make a perfect travel size this summer.  The container would be great to re-use after as well to store other products. I loved the wide open top.  As for the lotion, it's very nice and lightweight. Perfect for summer as heavy/thick lotions tend to get sticky and tacky when applying. This feels refreshing after a shower.  The scent is very light and clean. It doesn't overpower any fragrances  you may add after. Another bonus of this product is that it's ECO friendly (no parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol or petrol ingredients) and Cruelty-Free. The 8oz full-sized bottle will run you $16.

3. Joie - Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum - This was a pleasant surprise, I truly enjoyed this scent. It is a light floral with a deeper woodsy undertone, I can sense a bit of citrus as well. I use fragrances very subtly, like spray and walk thru. It will be a wonderful summer scent to use. I have a terrible time finding perfumes I love, so I will buy this one for sure! The price is $98 for the full-sized (3.4 oz) bottle.

 4. Number 4 Hair - Hydrating Shampoo - This is a very lovely shampoo. The lather is luxurious and the smell is musky yet elegant - very unisex.  At this time, I have a ton of shampoos so I won't be buying it anytime soon but was pleasantly surprised by this brand. The full size is a bit pricey at $34 for 8.5 oz, but I will say a little goes a long way with this product.

5. Number 4 Hair - Hydrating Condition -  The packaging says a little goes a long way and they are correct, I used about a 1/3 of the foil packet on my extremely long, thick and wavy hair. It worked wonderfully, it didn't weigh my hair down and my hair is incredibly soft.  At $36 for the 8.5 oz full size means the cost is a bit much for me at the moment. This will wait for a future purchase.

6. Vasanti Cosmetics - BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - used tonight in my weekend skin care routine. The exfoliation was exemplary and surprisingly easy to apply.  Most exfoliators can be messy and are hard to smooth out over the face, a small pea-sized amount goes a long way. I have VERY sensitive skin and it felt slightly intense while using but my face was not red or angry after. My one negative would be the feel of my skin once I rinsed, it felt a bit tacky as if there was still product on it.  I cleaned with a toner before I utilized a sheet mask and that tacky feeling on my skin was gone. My face was incredibly smooth after and even more so after my sheet mask (from my MEMEBOX Global #11). Exfoliating before really helped my face absorb all of the products.  The full-size will cost you $34 for 4.23 oz.  Even at this price, I definitely recommend this product as it should last at least 4-6 months!

Birchbox Cost:  $9.65/month ($115.83/yearly)

June ' 14 Birchbox Contents / Approximate Value:
1. COOLA - Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face (.17fl oz)- $3.60
2. Gilchrist & Soames - London Collection Body Lotion (1.5 oz) - $3
3. Joie - Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum (.06 fl oz) - $1.73
4. Number 4 Hair - Hydrating Shampoo (1 fl oz) - $4
5. Number 4 Hair - Hydrating Condition (.25 fl oz) - $1.06
6. Vasanti Cosmetics - BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (.676 fl oz) - $5.43

June '14 Birchbox Approximate Value: $18.82

After my first Birchbox in May, I really was not having high hopes for this subscription but then I realized the value really is in making your reviews each month. Last month I earned 70 points just for reviewing products (100 points = $10 in the shop).  So they add up quickly. In fact I purchased the Free For All Limited Edition box for less than half price using my points, and that box was amazing.


If you want to get your own Birchbox Subscription, tell them Vixie Rayna sent you! JOIN HERE!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment