Friday, June 13, 2014

Ipsy June 2014 - Pretty in Paradise

Pretty in Paradise arrived today! My very first IPSY bag in it's pretty pink packaging was waiting all sparkly and full of promise in my mailbox.  I couldn't wait to open this bag, as I ordered my year subscription from IPSY, over a month ago. The May '14 bag had sold out, so I patiently waited for this lovely surprise.


First off the Rebecca Minkoff makeup bag is STUNNING! It's a is zip pouch is going to be used right away to stash goodies in my purse. I adore the pattern, the base color is a navy blue, with red tag and red zipper. The tropical pattern features pineapples and plants, in a mix of abstract oranges, yellows, whites and teals. I really love that it's an easy wipe material, because I'm always getting powders on my canvas bags and they are always a pain to clean.  You have to check out Rebecca Minkoff's website because they have a small pouch in this identical Hawaiian print that retails for $75. 

The OLE HENRIKSEN "truth to go" wipes were a fab edition to the bag (although them plus the rest of the items didn't fit inside the bag). Wipes are always a necessity and I was very pleased with the bright citrusy-vanilla scent. It is a refreshing feel and it gently removes make-up.  The 10-wipe travel size costs $9 and it's the same amount in what was included in our June IPSY bag.

The Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray was a SUPER edition to this bag. This product smells like the beach in a bottle, all sea salt/coconut oil/sand/pineapple/beach breezes.  I seriously could sit here and smell it all day.  The product works well, I quickly sprayed over my dry hair and scrunched as directed. My naturally wavy hair soaked up the goodness and it really gave me an effortlessy casual look.  It's a small travel-sized bottle (1.52oz) and the full-size (4.2oz) retails for $8.79.

The makeup products in this month's bag were a bit disappointing for me. The products are all very nice, I just wasn't excited because I've recently received some mascaras, eyeliners and lip glosses from other boxes.

The Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner is a nice full size product that retails for $6.99. The applicator is excellent and it glides easily across the eyelid and drys extremely quickly.  I do not have any liquid liners because I've been a bit to scared to try.  I also didn't want to waste money on a product I would never use, so as I'm typing this, I'm a little more happy with receiving this in my bag.

The NYX Butter Gloss is lovely, but the shade is a bit boring. I like the feel it's silky without being too sticky. Even though the Eclair pale pink/nude shade is a bit dull,  one can never have too many glosses. This is another full-size product and retails for $5. 

The Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara was another full-sized beauty product included. It's a decent mascara in a rich black. I do not currently need any mascaras, I'm completely over-stocked at the moment, but I like to use a new mascara every 60 days anyway to keep the freshest products on my eyes. This sells for $15 on the product's website, so I'm VERY pleased with the value.

The IPSY Bag Cost: $9.17/month ($110/yearly)

IPSY Bag Contents / Approximate Value:
Rebecca Minkoff Bag: ?? (One can never really value their bags, as these are custom made each month for IPSY - but I would pay at least $10 for this bag)
Ole Henriksen Wipes: $9
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray: ~$3
Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner: $6.99
NYX Butter Gloss: $5
Be a Bombshell Mascara: $15

June '14 IPSY Bag Approximate Value: $38.99 (Not including the bag)

The goodies in this month's bag were personalized for me by taking at beauty quiz at IPSY.  You can re-take the quiz at any time, and it will adjust what your receive in future mailings.

If you want to join IPSY, tell them Vixie Rayna sent you! JOIN HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment